Door Step Advice following Recent Persons going door to door in the area
Over recent weeks there have been reports regarding various people knocking at doors attempting to sell items or asking for money with regards to a charities.
I would like to time the time to remind you about door step security so you don’t become a victim of a scam or have unwanted persons at your door.
1. If you are not sure who is at the door, don’t open it.
2. Check the identity of any caller by their ID they are wearing if they have one and confirm who they are by calling the company they work for.
3. If not sure ring or ask the a neighbour to come round to check them before you open the door.
4. Tell them to come back at a time what suits you and when you know when someone will be home with you.
5. Keep doors and windows locked and use the door chain every time you answer the door.
And finally please report all suspicious incidents via 101.